It's been a very long week for me, but at last exam week has passed. In case you were wondering, I'm alive! The moment I turned in my exam, I realized just how exhausted I felt. Literally, as if my legs were going to give out. And hot. Very hot. Turns out - I had a fever all of morning! No wonder I thought the lecture hall was uncomfortably warm... :-/
So, I spent most of the day trying to recuperate. This translated into: sleeping, eating, and being a couch potato, and I surely needed it.
Through seemingly endless highschool and college years of sleepless nights and over-caffeinated days, I finally know just how important it is for one's sanity and health to have those moments of laziness. You need a break. A breather. An extended moment to just be.
On any normal day, being a couch potato is not acceptable. But today, it really was. ... My body wasn't up for running today. So I listened to my body. I rested. Hopefully, it will be up for a brisk run in the 30F morning chill tomorrow morning! Need. to. run. asap.
My eating was very sporadic because I kept dosing on and off whilst catching up on Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Pretty Little Liars (guilty pleasure). And! I finally got to read up on my favorite blogs and flip through the Pottery Barn magazine that arrived over a week ago. I felt like a human again. Minus the fever.
So let's see what I ate:
- 4:30am Breakfast - protein smoothie
- 8:30am on the way to school - small banana
- 10am while taking the exam - 2 cubes of Navitas Naturals Power Snack, 2 Herkshey kisses
- 12:30pm lunch & mentally braindead - pea soup, sauteed sour kraut, fried potato w/ mushrooms
- 4pm snack - cabbage pierog
- 8pm dinner - salad with sardines in balsamic vinegar & olive oil, whole grain bread
- 9pm - tea time! - green tea, strawberry slices on toast
- 10pm weekly pistachio tradition w/ grandma - we de-shell (sp?) pistachios to refill our nut jar! ... and consume a handful in the process :)... In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have eaten them, but pistachios are my favorite and I wasn't too full from dinner anyway!
I apologize for lack of pictures to document my couch potato-ness! My brain (& memory) has been a bit overstimulated and made sleep a priority today.
And now I must bid adieu.
Have a wonderful weekend! Do you have any exciting plans?