Friday, January 20, 2012

Comfort, food, and warmth

“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ― Edith Sitwell

20120121-000102.jpg

Some of you may have seen my excitement on Twitter earlier today when my grandma and I made the executive decision to make last night's Vinaigrette again. Yes, we loved our "swap recipe" that much!
And we are very good at not letting anything go to waste... Hence the kidney beans in last night's Vinaigrette, in today's soup and now in tonight's Vinaigrette! :)
20120121-000146.jpg

Among the three of us, we devoured a huge bowl pretty quickly! Look at the color! How does Mother Nature create fuchsia, I don't understand, but I surely love it... my fuchsia hands post beet peeling -- not so much! ;)

20120120-224849.jpg
Also on tonight's dinner menu were a salad and shrimp sautéed with onion, garlic, and red pepper in a little bit of soy sauce. Double yum!

20120120-225049.jpg
After dinner, my mom and I went over her friend Liliya's house for tea (such a Russian thing to do!), and boy does Liliya know how to be a hostess! We were welcomed by a beautiful display of eclairs, fruit, and endless chocolate. There is nothing better than good company and conversation filled with warmth, kindness and positivity!

Now I'm ready for this snow storm! Can't wait to wake up to the white beauty behind my window.

Good night!
xoxo. Veronica

P.S. You see that gorgeous lemon in my cup? Here's a little confession... I love lemons and I eat them... whole... peel and everything. Yup! Shhhh - don't tell anyone!

20120120-230554.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love lemons too! I eat them whole also.I always get looks but i don't care. I really love love them hehe

    ReplyDelete