Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Color obsessed

Long day at school today! But thankfully there were opportunities for breaks (and snacks)! After pathology lecture, N and I went for a walk and grabbed coffee. The walk was freezing but I loved the fresh air!

We then had a looong class-wide meeting. The school was very kind to provide us with pizza, and I helped myself to a slice :) I love pizza, but I knew there would be dinner waiting for me at home, so why ruin the appetite and fill up on pizza?!

*****

At home, I had not one but two dinners to choose from! My grandma spoils me!

Which one do you think I chose?...



...well, for one thing, when it comes to selecting foods, I'm like a little child in a toy store. I love everything colorful. Give me green, red, yellow, orange, purple, and more green please. A lot of green :)

This philosophy keeps meals beautiful, exciting, and seasonal! Of course don't go for fake color. Instead, look for all the beautiful colors that Mother Nature has created! Purple carrots?! Fuchsia radishes?! There is just so much beauty to be eaten!

By no means was Option 1 bad! Baked chicken nuggets made of lean white meat and baked french fries! But with Option 2 before my eyes, it was love at first sight!



Sweet potatoes are in season right now (most root vegetables are!), and they are so tasty and good for you! Just slice a sweet potato into 1/4" slices, spray with olive or coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake in the oven at 350F for just 20 min! That's it!

Option 2 also included my fave eggplant parm baked with broccoli (yummm!) and a mixed salad for more greeeen!

Dessert was also a beauty and another love crush:

20120118-201513.jpg



And to make the night even sweeter, look what I got in the mail today!!! I love Happy Herbivore for everything it stands for. Lindsay Nixon is a true inspiration to live healthy and happily. I'll be trying out some of the new recipes and reviewing her new cookbook, so please visit regularly! I will also be giving away a copy of Everyday Happy Herbivore. More details to come! I'd be super excited if I were you! :)

 

Happy Hump Day! Stay green. And warm.

xoxo. Veronica

 

No comments:

Post a Comment