Friday, January 27, 2012

Oatmeal assembly line

Never did I think I would do this, but... Being in a half-asleep state, I somehow managed to cut an apple in half the wrong way... But I'm surely glad I did because it inspired this morning's creation. Apple cinnamon oatmeal that is protein-packed and delicious.



And it was created in a step-by-step process.

...Last night I blended together (with a hand blender):

  • 1/4 cup almond milk

  • 1/4 cup water

  • 1/2 scoop of SunWarrior protein powder


...I then mixed in:

  • 1 tsp chia seeds

  • 1/4 cup instant oats


...In the morning, I reheated the mixture with additional splash of water and stirred in:

  • 1 tsp Chocolate PB2

  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon


...And in midst of my pretty-apple excitement, I just put the whole slice on top of my oats! Now how am I supposed to eat that?! So, out went the apple, and in went the apple sliced up!

...Plus KIND Oats & Honey Clusters and CocoChia coconut flakes.

SO GOOD.

To recap:





 


Since most of the apple remained (I used just a 1/4" slice for the oatmeal), 1/2 of the apple was sprinkled with cinnamon (can you tell I was in cinnamon mood this morning?) and eaten on the spot, and the other 1/2 was taken to school and eaten with creamy almond butter for snack.... I just can't get over how pretty this apple looks!

Friday is here at last! Do you have any exciting plans?

It's raining here and it's making me sleeeepy!

 V.

No comments:

Post a Comment