Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crunch time

20120118-081812.jpg

90% of the time, I prepare my breakfast the night before. Somehow, 5 min of prep time at night save me 20 min in the morning. Last night I concluded it was time for a good ole' bowl of wholesome crunchy cereal. My love for oatmeal is a recent fad (though one to stay!). Before that, I was a loyal member of the crunchy, high fiber cereal club. Then came granola. Then came oatmeal. And recently I was introduced to the wonderful world of smoothies :)

As I've said before, I love mixing my cereals and today's breakfast was no exception!

20120118-081520.jpg

{Bran flakes} + {KIND Vanilla Blueberry Clusters} + {coconut flakes} + almond milk = smiles!

20120118-111939.jpg

20120118-105325.jpg

A cup (or two) of coffee, half of an apple + a spoonful of creamy almond butter, and I'm good to go!

*****

Let me take a moment to say that you must pay a visit to Whole Foods to get yourself a bag of KIND Healthy Grains. Once you do, and once you have a bite of this crunchy, healthy goodness, there is no going back (I warned you here). KIND got it right. Believe me, I'm a hard critic when it comes to granola - it must be flavorful, low in sugar and fat, high in fiber, have a great crunch, and it must have a sparkly clean profile - ingredients that are wholesome and those that I can not only pronounce but also taste and see! Otherwise, it shouldn't be in my granola!

For example, today's bowl of cereal featured the lovely "Vanilla Blueberry Clusters with Flax Seeds". The flavor and texture were wonderful!
Ingredients : Whole grains (gluten free oats, brown rice, gluten free oat flour, buckwheat, amaranth, millet, quinoa), evaporated cane juice, flax seeds, chicory root fiber, canola oil, vanilla extract, molasses, blueberry puree, apple puree, plum puree, apple juice, glycerine, sea salt, Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), citrus fiber, citrus pectin.

Stay tuned, because I'll be featuring a KIND {DIY} and a KIND {giveaway}!!! :)

xoxo. Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment