Monday, January 16, 2012

La fiesta

20120116-234747.jpg

Tonight I got together with my two best friends from med school - N and M. We like to do potluck dinners and try to come up with different cuisines. We've done Chinese and Indian and tonight was Mexican! I think we did a pretty darn good job among the three of us!

On the menu:

  • Spinach quesadillas and Brooklyn Lager, courtesy of M

  • Rice, grilled vegetables, and pineapple salsa (amazing) by N

  • Black bean and corn dip + Beanitos by moi


20120116-234355.jpg

I helped myself to several servings of the above. It's hard to go wrong with Mexican! We were all pleased :)
The evening continued with a great conversation and a small cup of cappuccino in hand (M got an espresso machine for Christmas and N and I felt it was necessary to put it to use... At 10 o'clock... I hope I can fall asleep tonight!)

20120116-234720.jpg

We are thinking Italian for our next potluck!

Now I'm putting together my overnight oats (I'll figure out in the morning what to make of it) and lunch to bring to school. Have a good night!

xoxo. Veronica

P.S. Here is the recipe for my black bean + corn dip/salad (I called it a salad, M & N called it a dip)

Combine together:

  • 1 can of black beans

  • 1 can of sweet corn

  • 1 diced tomato

  • 1/2 small red onion, finely diced

  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro

  • 1 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar

  • 1 tbsp olive oil

  • crushed black pepper, salt, cumin, and garlic powder to taste


Easy peasy and oh so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment