Thursday, January 12, 2012

Breakfast of a warrior

20120113-052033.jpg

Today marks the very first time that I have ever attempted made a smoothie! And the first time I have ever used protein powder!

 

Sunwarrior Protein, welcome to my life. May the power you behold help me survive today's exam.

 

I was quite pleased with the outcome! It was subtly sweet and smooth. For the longest time, I wasn't excited about drinking protein drinks because of so many reviews claiming protein powders to taste "chalky." Of course, I don't have anything else to compare Sunwarrior to, but I am pleased! As I (hopefully) recover from my foot injury and increase my exercise intensity, the extra protein boost will surely be helpful.

20120113-044534.jpg

Sunwarrior Smoothie in a Bowl (SIAB):

- Overnight: 1 tsp chia + 1 tbsp rolled oats + 1/2 cup water
- Morning of: 1 scoop protein powder + 1/2 cup water + thinly sliced 1/2 banana
- And blend! I don't have a blender, so I used a hand blender. Worked okay for this recipe!
- Topped with 1/4 cup nature's path pumpkin flax granola for crunchiness and sweetness :)

Now that I have officially joined the smoothement, I need some recipe ideas! Something that my hand blender can handle please! :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment