Monday, January 30, 2012

Is that ketchup on your pizza?!


...I think the pictures did the talking here... 

Perhaps these thoughts are going through your mind right now...
"Is this Russian family Italian wannabes?" -or- "Did they really just use ketchup on their pizza?!"

We sure are (sort of)! And we sure did!

The pizza is just one meal that represents my family's love for homemade, wholesome cooking. We make (almost) everything from scratch, from fresh ingredients whenever they are available. Preparing our family meals and enjoying them together brings us the greatest pleasure and joy. That's something that Italians know how to do truly well, and that's something we can all learn from their culture. 


Why ketchup? ...I'll admit that Russians love the taste of it, that's all! There is nothing wrong with "cheating" or "tweaking" recipes to accommodate your taste buds (or your time constraints). When we have time, we make tomato sauce ourselves. Now that is really our wannabe Italian side shining through. But personally, I love ketchup... I was the kid that probably could have lived off of bread+ketchup sandwiches (though my mom and grandma didn't let that happen!).



Oh, and P.S. - tonight's pizza featured sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions, underneath parmesan cheese, and yes, ketchup. :)

I don't know who reads my blog, but whoever you are - thank you for stopping by! I hope my silly recaps and reflections inspire you to prepare simple, fresh, and wholesome meals.

♥ V.

P.S. >>>Food Should Taste Good Giveaway<<<

No comments:

Post a Comment