Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back to Germany...

20120125-073811.jpg

20120125-073816.jpg

..No, I'm not really going to Germany, but I sure would love to visit again! I lived there for a year when I was 4-years-old. Somehow I've retained a lot of my childhood memories from those days. Or perhaps that's just selective memory . :) Germany was where I was first introduced to the delicious world of Müesli, and last night I got the urge to relive those Müesli-eating days.

Unlike yesterday's luxurious and (by my definition) naughty chocolate oatmeal, today's morning treat was simple, pure, clean... and perfect...

I literally ate raw oats - that's what original Müesli actually is - a combination of raw rolled oats with dried berries, fruit, nuts, and seeds. My ingredient list was simple but just right, or at least I think it was!

V's Impromptu Müesli:

  • 1/4 c. instant oats

  • 2 T. almond slices

  • 1 t. hemp seeds

  • 1 t. CocoChia coconut flakes + chia seeds

  • Raisins, dried cherries, and dried apricot

  • 1/3 c. milk


The handful of blueberries in my Müesli is not something I did when I was little, but it surely was a delicious touch in today's breakfast! I also drizzled a little bit of honey.

Today is a very long school day. Time to pack my lunch and off I go! Happy Hump Day! The weekend will be here before we know it :)

V.

P.S. A friendly reminder that you have 5 days to enter the Food Should Taste Good giveaway!

1 comment: