Wednesday, February 22, 2012

#WIAW Numero Dos! Pancakes, Parsley, and Late-Night Walks.


It's officially my What I Ate Wednesday, Numero Dos!


{Breakfast - 7:30 am} - Strawberry Vanilla Protein Crepes


I clearly seem to be recently obsessed with (1) pancakes and (2) my SunWarrior Protein Powder. Today's protein-packed crepes satisfied this new obsession. Inspired by yet another fave blogger of mine, Katie from Dashing Dish. Mine obviously did not come out anywhere close to perfect as did Katie's, but their deliciousness made up for that. Topped with MaraNatha Creamy Almond butter, sprinkled with chia and coconut flakes (CocoChia), and strawberry slices for extra tartness, sweetness, and color.


20120222-212729.jpg


My crepes came out in all sorts of shapes and sizes...


20120222-212737.jpg


...and I saved the littlest one for last! So cute!


20120222-212743.jpg


So here are the details on the slightly altered recipe. (Original can be found here)


Strawberry Vanilla Protein Crepes:




  • 1/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani Strawberry)

  • 1/2 scoop (or 1/8 cup) plain or vanilla protein powder (I used SunWarrior Vanilla)

  • 1/2 tsp baking powder

  • 2 flax eggs

  • 1/2 cup oats (regular old fashioned oats)

  • 1/8 cup water




1. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.

2. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray (I used coconut oil) over medium heat.

3. Spoon the batter onto pre-heated skillet (however much/little you'd like - depending on the size of desired pancakes!)

4. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.

5. Remove from the skillet when both sides are cooked, and enjoy! Get creative with the toppings. I am a fruit topping kind of gal, but today was especially in the mood for almond butter.

{Lunch - 12 pm} - Mixed salad (all parsley - no lettuce!) with chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, and grilled chicken. Apple. My little favorite jar of trail mix (almonds, pistachios, peanuts, and raisins. (Raisins courtesy of my dear N, who picked them all out of her granola because she doesn't like raisins and thought I did! Silly girl.)




20120222-213854.jpg


20120222-213904.jpg

{Snack - 3 pm} Coffee. Whole grain toast with Lite Swiss cheese. Dark chocolate with sea salt (= heaven! A real treat from Trader Joe's! )


{Dinner - 7 pm} Mixed salad with string beans and grilled chicken breast. A meringue with tea for a sweet treat.


20120222-213914.jpg

My mom and I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous spring weather and went for a post-dinner walk! It must have been in the upper 50s tonight! So lovely!


{Late Night Snack - 9:30 pm} A cup of Lifeway's Blueberry Kefir (probiotics!!!)


...And a few words of wisdom from my dear Yogi Tea...


20120222-222405.jpg

And that's a wrap! Tomorrow is Thursday, which means it's a very long day for me - clinical off-site, lecture, clinic = gone from 7am until 10pm. I already have a filling breakfast to look forward to! Any ideas what it could be? :)


P.S. Chobani giveaway still going on! Go enter. Now. Please. :)

2 comments: