Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nutterbut Squash takes over the world! {Butternut squash overnight oats}



How else can I use my nutterbut squash?, pondered Veronica last night... Recipe search yielded some scrumptious suggestions for butternut squash hash, tacos, and muffins... but Veronica did what she knew how to do best... She decided to make Nutterbut Squash Overnight Oats. Of course she did. 
And this morning, she was surely pleased with her creation!


Butternut Squash Overnight Oats:
Combine all of the ingredients and allow to stand overnight in the fridge! Add more milk in the morning, if desired.

1/3 cup roasted butternut squash, mashed/pureed
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup instant oats
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp brown sugar
Pumpkin spice, cinnamon, vinalla extract

Topped with pear, almond butter, and Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola. 

I'm so proud of this breakfast - though I'm sure others have made something similar, this was all me! It was delicious, and I can't wait to make it again. Highly recommended, especially for the lovers of pumpkin oatmeal and/or sweet potato!

Hope your day is going well! I'll announce the giveaway winner in tonight's post! Gotta run to class now!

P.S. HAPPY FEBRUARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment