Wednesday, February 8, 2012

All I wanted... {Breakfast}


...was a pancake...
20120208-073833.jpg
...but things didn't go as planned this morning...
20120208-074000.jpg
Don't get me wrong... The above pear-wheatberry oatmeal was just as delicious as it looks! But I was just so excited to make that 2-minute microwave pancake... I had all the dry ingredients already mixed last night... But my pancake kind of... exploded in the microwave...

...oops?

And so, on today's morning checklist:
No pancake - check
A microwave with pancake batter all over - check

...it's okay though! It's not like I had no other option... There is always a bowl of oatmeal that can be whipped up in seconds. And it surely was! :)

Creamy Pear-Wheatberry Instant Oatmeal:
  • 1/2 cup instant oats
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/3 cup hot water
  • 1 tsp Chocolate PB2
  • 2 tbsp Strawberry Chobani
  • a little bit of cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract
  • Stirred vigorously until "whipped," and topped with pear slices and wheatberries

Take that, explodable pancake!!!
:) Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment