Saturday, February 4, 2012

Touched by kindness and generosity {breakfast}


Mornin' sunshines!!! I love Saturday mornings. They may just be my most favorite time of any given week!

Unless I had already prepared next day's breakfast before going to bed, it's typical of me to be thinking "What should I have for breakfast tomorrow?" as I try to fall asleep. Well, last night I quickly realized that it's been a very long time since I've had good ole' cereal, and I kind of missed my mixed-cereal-concoctions!

And so, today's breakfast featured:

Raisin Bran + Life + Cheerios + Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Plus Granola + Almond Milk + 'nana + cinnamon

[Clearly, I just can't have less than 2 kinds of cereal in my bowl!] It. was. wonderful.

Wasa + MaraNatha Creamy Almond Butter + CocoChia 
20120204-101545.jpg

And just look at this beauty! Please welcome a new addition to the morning-bowl-of-happiness-dish-family! Isn't she just lovely??
20120204-101550.jpg

I've been eyeing Stepanka's Etsy shop for a while, hoping to one day give a home to a piece or two. All of her dishes are just so unique, truly one of a kind, and it's clear that they are made with love and passion. A few weeks ago, Stepanka was very kind to share some of her work with me! I was so touched by her generosity. Not only do I have 2 new bowls, I also have 4 larger plates! Each one is different and just lovely!

There is something truly special about enjoying not only the flavors and textures of every meal, but also the aesthetics. It all comes down to taking the moment to appreciate everything before you. For me, it's always about quality, not quantity. The quality of a wholesome, made-with-love meal. The quality of the company. These dishes radiate peace and joy, and that's exactly how I want to feel when I sit down for a meal.

Thank you, Stepanka.

And now I have a big study day ahead! Another exam to prep for. Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment