Saturday, February 4, 2012

The wheels go round and round {potato & bean soup}


Did you know that today is National Homemade Soup Day?! Looks like my family celebrates this holiday nearly everyday, and today was no different!
[P.S. I love John-Bryan's blog, Foodimentary! It's a reminder for us to celebrate and appreciate the art and science of food - cooking, eating, and sharing. every. single. day.]

Lunch was a mixture of the old and the new. New = potato & bean vegetable soup. It reminds me a whole lot of minestrone soup, but instead of pasta we add potato. Old = Shuba salad (herring potato salad we made yestereday).

Post-run (another 4-miler - woo-hoo!), I had white toast with caviar (fancy shmancy, I know, but if we don't eat it, it'll go bad! Or, at least that's the excuse my grandma used to convince me when we sat down for afternoon cup of coffee!)
20120204-173732.jpg
And here is another peak at the beautiful dishes Stepanka shared with me. The bowl you saw this morning, but look at this adorable plate!
20120204-141055.jpg

I love the bicycle! 
I think it's an excellent reason not to have breakfast-in-a-bowl tomorrow... Hmmm what shall it be? Pancakes? Toast? We shall see :)

And here is a recap for today's run.
20120205-002406.jpg
Unfortunately, my foot started hurting half-way through the run... And I can't believe it took me this long to realize the problem!... I need new sneakers!!! DUH! I've had my Reebok flex since August...

And this is where you can really help me. I need sneaker recommendations! The key for me is to have cushioning in the front of the shoe. I don't heel strike, so having cushioned heels does nothing for me. My mid foot and forefoot could really use the soft landing however!

Also, I recently heard about compression tights and am really interested! My shins and knees could surely use them! Has anyone ever tried compression wear?
Please leave a comment or email me with any advice! Many thanks in advance!

Hope your day is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment