Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quick & Easy Lunch {cauliflower-potato soup}


20120205-130803.jpg
Cauliflower Potato Soup. I love this soup. I know I say this about every homemade soup, but that doesn't mean I'm not being serious! This one is light and soothing: steamed potatoes and cauliflower pureed in vegetable broth (made with leek, celery, dill, and parsley). A small spoonful of tzatziki stirred in for slight creaminess and ever-so-subtle tartness.

Alaskan Pollock with Caramelized Onion and Peppers, Topped with Fresh Parsley. I know, I know. It's also known as "imitation crab meant," but I'm not very fond of that name! It's pollack, so that's what I'm going to call it! ;) This is a dish we make when we are out of ideas and/or time. Parsley always does the trick to make a dish seem fresh and earthy.
20120205-130808.jpg
For a treat with tea, I had 2 options: cacao wafers or Zephyr (Russian version of a marshmallow, but infinitely better and healthier, as it's made with pureed apple, egg white, and pectin. Nope, no gelatin!).  I went with Zephyr. :)
20120205-133608.jpg
OMG it's gorgeous outside! Let's hope for a productive afternoon and hopefully a short run to refresh my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment