Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Roasted Tofu + Plov {Dinner}

20120208-012945.jpg


Tonight I'm spending my evening at school with N, so this means I had to bring my handy-dandy lunchbox with me! Last night's dinner was so good, I was excited to have it again today! To change it up just a little, and to increase the protein content, I decided to add some roasted tofu cubes. I roasted them last night - so easy!
20120208-012950.jpg
Roasted tofu {plain}:


First, you'll need to get rid of as much of the moisture as possible. So, cut the block of tofu in 2 halves and lay flat on a paper towel. Cover with something flat (i.e. a plate or a cutting board) and find something heavy to put on top. I used my pathology textbook. :)


Cut the drained tofu into smaller cubes. Mine were about 1"x1"x.5"!


In a bowl, combine 1-2 tbsp melted coconut oil, pinch of salt and pepper, and toss the tofu cubes around until thoroughly covered with oil.


Spray a cookie sheet with oil. Bake the tofu at 450F, flipping occasionally to prevent sticking! Remove when you get golden edges. The longer the tofu bakes, the crispier it gets.


Spread on paper towel to blot excess oil. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder or with whatever spices you'd like!


Voila!


20120208-012955.jpg


Oh, and I had a salad to start and a Deep Chocolate VitaTop to finish this wonderful dinner!


 The weekend is almost here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment