Friday, January 27, 2012

Oatmeal assembly line

Never did I think I would do this, but... Being in a half-asleep state, I somehow managed to cut an apple in half the wrong way... But I'm surely glad I did because it inspired this morning's creation. Apple cinnamon oatmeal that is protein-packed and delicious.



And it was created in a step-by-step process.

...Last night I blended together (with a hand blender):

  • 1/4 cup almond milk

  • 1/4 cup water

  • 1/2 scoop of SunWarrior protein powder


...I then mixed in:

  • 1 tsp chia seeds

  • 1/4 cup instant oats


...In the morning, I reheated the mixture with additional splash of water and stirred in:

  • 1 tsp Chocolate PB2

  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon


...And in midst of my pretty-apple excitement, I just put the whole slice on top of my oats! Now how am I supposed to eat that?! So, out went the apple, and in went the apple sliced up!

...Plus KIND Oats & Honey Clusters and CocoChia coconut flakes.

SO GOOD.

To recap:





 


Since most of the apple remained (I used just a 1/4" slice for the oatmeal), 1/2 of the apple was sprinkled with cinnamon (can you tell I was in cinnamon mood this morning?) and eaten on the spot, and the other 1/2 was taken to school and eaten with creamy almond butter for snack.... I just can't get over how pretty this apple looks!

Friday is here at last! Do you have any exciting plans?

It's raining here and it's making me sleeeepy!

♥ V.

No comments:

Post a Comment